First of all, Sparticus is the name of a character on the kid's show Lazy Town, except on that show he's calls Sport-icus (big sigh of relief).
Second, Addison's surgery went off without a hitch. For starters, Addison never even mentioned food today at all. This was definitely an answered prayer...she wakes up every morning and asks (without fail) what is for breakfast. Today, I was prepared with every form of Jello I could come up with, and she never even asked for it, nor a drink! She wasn't allowed to drink after 10:15 because her surgery was scheduled for 1:15. Naturally, they didn't even come to get her until after 3, but like I said, she never complained.
She was away from us for about an hour, then we got to go into recovery with her. I was apprehensive about not being able to go back with her, but the hospital had a child life advocate come out and talk with us and explain everything that was going on. If anyone ever has to take their child to the hospital for anything, definitely ask for an advocate (the nurses tend not to offer this assistance, but when you ask for it they are more than happy to give it to you). This is the second time we've used one, and it truly makes all the difference. Coming out from the anesthesia, she cried for about 30 minutes. The first thing she said to me was "(sob) I (sob) want (sob) a (gasp) doughnut!" So I knew she'd be fine. And she is...she really doesn't even recall anything, and is having very little pain.
Mallory had a pick line put in today. This will make her IV usage much more user friendly! Still no biopsy, maybe tomorrow. Today's good news is that they lowered her fluid intake at night. This means she doesn't have to visit the lady's room so much during the night. Up until now she has been having to get up at least every hour. As a result, my mom was having to get up with her to unplug her from one of her machines, and wheel the other one behind her. Last night, Mallory only had to get up once! Which means she got more sleep, which means she was a much happier camper today. We went up to see her and she looked good ... let's hope this continues!
I think I can breathe again...I've been waiting for this day to be over!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment