Wednesday, November 12, 2008

When will I ever use this in the real world?

...is a question I'm learning to hate. Every time some kid asks me that, I want to tell him "This is the real world. You're going to use it to pass this class." But I don't. Instead I bottle up my frustration, and let weird, stress-related things happen to my body. This week...I've suddenly got a bald spot in my eyebrow. And not from over-plucking. Just smooth as a baby's butt. Speaking of babies...
...I've used geometry...in the REAL world. I got fed up with the other dress pattern, and decided to make my own. Turns out, all that geometry paid off. Patterns are nothing more than coordinating triangles and rhombuses (or is that rhombi?). I've included pics of pattern pieces (on posterboard...not the best pattern making choice) and the unhemmed dress. Again, waiting for a model to try it on. I like this one much better than the other, but I'm a little biased. It's hard to see the detail, but it is a wrap with a tie on the side.










1 comment:

Kerri Thompson said...

I like both dress styles, but I think because you are a smarty pants that created your own pattern, the second dress is my choice too. Christy had made homemade marshmallows before, maybe she would make some again for you. M's blk and orange tights are from Old Navy. Also, I made her candy corn skirt that she is wearing in the pic. I didn't use a pattern. Just put side seams, elastic on the top and a hem at the bottom of that piece of fabric. I didn't use rhomi or any geometry.Ha!