Thursday, April 02, 2009

Mother of the Year, 2009

I'm going to go ahead and announce it...I am the Mother of the Year for 2009. If tonight's dinner doesn't solidify that, then I don't know what will.

Plan A: CrockPot roast with vegetables, at the table, as a family
---roast was still too under cooked to serve by dinner time

Plan B: Frozen pizza (with spinach and chicken), at the table as a family
--- dropped the pizza as I was taking it out of the oven. I actually stomped my feet and screamed "NO-o-o-o-o-!"

Plan C: Popcorn, in a bowl, outside, inside, everywhere, not as a family

And for dessert? I found my new favorite recipe, which is why I'm blogging in the first place....cake in a mug (a la Betty Crocker's Warm Delights). So, I thought I would share:

1 coffee mug (I used a really large one, but if you don't have a big one, it will just cook over the top a little)
4 T. cake flour (I used bread flour)
4 T. sugar
2 T. cocoa
1 egg
3 T. milk
3 T. oil
1 splash of vanilla
3 T. chocolate chips (optional)

Add dry ingredients to the mug; mix well with a fork. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk, oil, and vanilla, and mix well. Add chips

Microwave for 3 minutes on 1000 watts. Let cool.

And on another note...I passed my teacher work sample! That means I am DONE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love nights like that!?! I'm just glad I'm not the only one that things like that happen to!!! Definitely deserves Mother of the year!!!

Jody said...

Way to Go Chelle!!! Ready for the END?

Dinner is over rated. I get so put out because the night I cook a FULL OUT MEAL, my kids say, "I want PBJ Mom." They won't even try what I've made. So, heck, popcorn will now become my back up plan. Thanks! Love Ya and Miss Ya.